Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Frequently Asked Breast Augmentation Questions



How long should I have assistance at home following surgery?


How long you could need assistance after surgery greatly depends on what kind of surgery you have. For facial rejuvenation surgeries we often recommend having some assistance for a couple of days. I strongly encourage the use of facial compresses after surgery and it is quite helpful to have someone who can help freshen’ these for you. Ladies who have small children at home tend to need more help for a few days until they are better back on their feet. For breast augmentation there are restrictions on how much lifting can be done. Each patient's lifting requirements influence how long I recommend needing assistance. For routine activities of daily living following breast augmentation having help for a day or two is generally sufficient. For any patient following surgery if a narcotic is prescribed for pain control I tell my patients to not drive while taking any narcotics. This could be considered driving under the influence. For driving in general, I ask my patients to make sure they feel limber enough to drive and safely look over their shoulder to check for traffic as well as not taking any prescription pain pills.


No comments:

Post a Comment